Partner 22, Editor, Growth
a16z Growth is our late-stage fund and invests in market-leading companies executing on big visions in consumer, enterprise, crypto and web3, fintech, bio+health, American dynamism, and games. We are currently investing out of our $5.5B third fund and manage over $11B across three funds.
Our a16z Growth marketing team is looking for a seasoned editor and content creator to produce content on technology and how to scale companies for growth-stage founders and builders. Some examples of what our team has produced include a video series with the top AI builders, benchmarks for late-stage metrics, and a book on executive hiring.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Partner with leading thinkers and experts to strategize, shape, and create written, audio, and/or visual content
- Package content pieces together into delightful user experiences and durable bodies of work on key topics for the a16z Growth brand and platform
- Direct behind the scenes, but flexible and able to step in as a host and to facilitate discussions when needed
- Experiment and innovate with the latest content creator tools, especially the new wave of generative AI tools (e.g., Midjourney, Runway, Eleven Labs)
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and roll up your sleeves to get work done, including stepping in to help the team with tasks and projects outside the defined scope of work when needed
- 7+ years experience creating and editing tech or business content, including leading high profile projects from start to finish.
- A content portfolio that reflects strong writing and editorial skills across long and short-form content and innovative and effective storytelling for a given audience.
- Experience overseeing and directing audio and video production
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple senior stakeholders to effectively meet deadlines
- A sharp eye for detail, ability to quickly learn and refine brand voice, and aptitude for concise communication
- Knowledge of late-stage company development, a passion for technology and innovation, and an insatiable appetite for emerging ideas
- A self-starter with superior judgment, an ability to context shift, and proven time management
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $240,000-$279,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.