Apollo Global Management
The Associate will work closely with the direct real estate equity leadership team on all stages of the investment process (underwriting, execution, and asset management), primarily focusing on European core plus investments. The Associate will contribute to all aspects of the investment process from initial diligence, underwriting/pricing, and preparation of investment committee materials to portfolio monitoring and reporting. The team invests on behalf of Apollo’s affiliated insurance capital as well as third party clients through sector specific as well as cross-sector vehicles.
- Drive analytical and project support for all investment activities; construct financial models, sensitivity analyses, comparable analyses, and other discrete financial analyses as well as financial and asset due diligence and industry research
- Working with external diligence advisors including accountants, tax experts, consultants, and lawyers
- Collecting and examining financial information to assist in deal financing and advise on appropriate measures for adjusting investment strategies
- Analyzing the performance of existing portfolio investments, evaluating new potential acquisitions, and assessing and assisting with exit alternatives
- Drafting and presenting investment committee materials regarding potential investments, including macro-economic and real estate specific trends across European jurisdictions
- Supporting third party capital raising initiatives through preparing detailed portfolio analyses and investor materials and supporting the broader diligence process
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in real estate investment banking or core, value add, or opportunistic principal investing
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate university, preferably in Finance, Math, or a related field
- Ability to meaningfully contribute to strategic dialogue and collaborate effectively with investment teams, brokers and borrowers
- Demonstrates strong investment judgment by ability to identify potential risks and find solutions to roadblocks throughout all stages of a deal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to support communication with external counterparties
- Excels in a rigorous and fast-paced team-oriented work environment
- European languages or multi-linguist capability preferred
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes.
Come to Apollo and join a community of extraordinary people who are committed to a culture of excellence and collaboration in everything that we do. We invest in our people for the long term and are committed to supporting their development at every stage of their career.
Apollo provides equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, veteran status, sex or sexual orientation, or any other criterion or circumstance protected by applicable law, ordinance, or regulation. The above criteria are intended to be used as a guide only – candidates who do not meet all the above criteria may still be considered if they are deemed to have relevant experience/ equivalent levels of skill or knowledge to fulfil the requirements of the roe. Roles are conditional upon and subject to satisfactory reference and background screening checks, as well as all necessary corporate and regulatory approvals or certifications as required from time to time.