Principal, CFO Asia Pacific
Apollo Global Management
The CFO will oversee key financial processes across the Asia Business Finance teams partnering with the CFO for Europe and Asia Pacific, the Head of Asia Pacific and senior business leaders to further develop and evolve Apollo’s strategic finance priorities and drive the global finance agenda across Asia Pacific locations.
The CFO for Asia Pacific must be well versed in all aspects of financial management. Ranging from UK/US/IFRS/Indian Gaap for management company & portfolio entities, illiquid valuation under US Gaap and management reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, with experience managing across geographies, given the oversight and management of the business finance teams across Hong Kong and Mumbai. They will have responsibility for: Credit Hybrid and Equity Fund & Investment Accounting, Corporate Reporting, and International Strategic Finance.
- Drive financial planning efficiently and effectively with responsibility for the finance and accounting functions (including accounting records, banking, payments/receipts, and LLP members’ accounts) supporting Apollo’s International Management Company legal entities across Asia Pacific and India.
- Partnering with the CFO for Europe and Asia Pacific, the Head of Asia Pacific, and senior business leaders, set the strategic business finance priorities for Asia Pacific. Support strategy development including technology innovation and help enable its execution on the agreed global plan.
- Supporting the Fund & Investment structures from an accounting and tax perspective for the pools of capital dedicated to those regions.
- Working closely with deal teams on all investment transactions, including investment structure, finance due diligence, reviewing legal documents upon acquisition/disposition. After closing, providing finance support to deal teams on asset management e.g. reviewing portfolio companies’ financials and sharing recommendations to enhance portfolio companies’ finance operations.
- Possess a strong understanding of the company’s business model and industry providing an independent perspective and constructive challenge to ensure business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria.
- Understand risk through a commercial as well as a financial lens. Continuing to develop a sound control architecture ensuring adequate assessment and mitigation of risk and compliance with applicable regulatory or other legal requirements. Manage risk as the business executes on its strategies and initiatives as well as maintain a strong internal controls environment and financial reporting processes.
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external partners, stakeholders, and investors. Dealing with external auditors and regulators as appropriate.
- Managing, coaching, and developing the Asia finance team based in Hong Kong and India, ensuring they have the support they need to be a high performing function.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 8 – 12 years of experience in with proven experience as CFO, Finance Officer or relevant senior management role in Financial Services, ideally from an alternatives house
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant field preferred. MSC/MBA is a plus.
- ACA / CPA or equivalent qualification is a strong advantage
- An expert on current financial industry topics aligned to Apollo’s business.
- Ability to see risks and opportunities behind financial data and act as strategic business partner.
- Proactive / can do attitude, ability to assume responsibility on tasks and “run with them” to conclusion are key success factors
- Experience working in a demanding, dynamic and complex pan Asia Pacific environment
- Strategic thinker, able to see big picture and demonstrate attention to detail required to determine the best course of action, communicate proposed course of action and oversee implementation of necessary steps.
- Experience of operating in a leadership position with a proven track record of nurturing talent and a passion for getting the best out of people.
- Role model and Culture Ambassador for the firm. Strong people manager with experience in managing across remote teams in multiple markets in Asia and in attracting and developing top talent.
- Ability to explain complex issues in a clear and succinct manner to a variety of stakeholders. Clear and concise written and presentational style.
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes.
Come to Apollo and join a community of extraordinary people who are committed to a culture of excellence and collaboration in everything that we do. We invest in our people for the long term and are committed to supporting their development at every stage of their career.