Senior Investment Associate, India
We are looking for a Senior Associate with a preference for early stage venture investing to join our Asia-based investment team. The ideal candidate has an MBA with venture related experience working in venture capital or at an early stage, venture-backed technology company. Alternative backgrounds will be considered for candidates with demonstrated analytical ability and relevant experience.
Primary responsibilities will be deal sourcing, conducting due diligence, researching markets, and evaluating deals across SEA & India. The individual will work across a wide variety of B2B Tech and marketplace opportunities as well, having exposure to industry verticals such as consumer enablement, fintech/insurance, healthcare IT, and real estate/logistics. We will expect maturity, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and proven record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action. Team player mentality, in support of the partnership, will be a core component of the role.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts and build partnerships
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research
- Establish relationships with founders and create a deep network of start up & venture capital professionals
Deal screening, sourcing and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies
- Proactively source deals in market through an established network
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.)
Building company value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas
- Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets
- Desire to lend a hand on various projects will be needed, as we will be innovating on our approach externally and ideas internally.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
- Awareness of startup ecosystems and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling/analysis, as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Experience with core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and understanding of standard venture terms and concepts.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for early stage (Seed and Series A) disruptive technology.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience is strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier venture firm, top-tier consulting firm, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent).
- MBA strongly preferred, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills and business writing capabilities.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC investing experience is preferred.
- Currently based in Bangalore or willing to relocate to Bangalore
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With more than $6 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, the firm focuses on seed to late-stage venture growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across nine locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets, and build exceptional companies.
B CAPITAL CORE VALUES:
- Generosity: We’re collaborative and always willing to share our time and knowledge.
- Resilience: We’re persistent and determined to succeed, persevering through challenges and seeing change as an opportunity.
- Open-mindedness: We’re curious and welcoming. Our global perspective and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion make our culture stronger and more innovative.
- Will: We believe in the companies we’ve invested in and we’ll do everything in our power to help them change the world for the better.
- Teamwork: We value our relationships above all. We work hard to build trust and respect with founders, investors, partners and colleagues.
- Humility: We add value by going beyond for founders and LPs. We strive to let our work speak for itself.