Private Equity Associate
Blacklock Financial are paired with a middle-market private equity firm focused on industrials, business services & consumer.
The Associate will support senior team members in all aspects of the deal process, from investment screening and evaluation to due diligence, deal execution and portfolio management.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Screen, evaluate and analyse investment opportunities with the purpose of forming independent views on the attractiveness of the opportunity
- Take primary responsibility for financial modelling including valuation and sensitivity analysis to identify competitive differentiation and understand drivers of future growth
- Support elements of the due diligence process including working with third-party providers
- Assist in the preparation of internal written materials and support the presentation of investment recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Work closely with portfolio companies including providing ongoing support and analytics as well as monitoring the financial results and investment performance
- Lead research into key areas of their sector focuses and identify investment themes and opportunities
- Represent the firm at various industry events and conferences
- Maintain proprietary potential investment database
- Perform other responsibilities related to executing the investment mandate of the fund
- Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of investment banking, private equity, or other finance/investing experience. The candidate should be able to illustrate a high level of technical and analytical acumen combined with a genuine interest in growth equity investing.
Other specific qualifications include
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modelling skills including an understanding of deal structuring and financing
- Proven transaction experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills and a proven ability to produce high quality presentations and deliverables
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting personality with ability to quickly integrate with a small team and work collaboratively
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership