2025 Blackstone Private Equity Strategies, Acquisitions Summer Analyst
Blackstone Private Equity Strategies
Blackstone Private Equity Strategies
Blackstone Private Equity Strategies (“BXPE”) is Blackstone’s flagship private equity offering for individual investors. BXPE is a perpetual fund which invests in diversified global private equity opportunities alongside Blackstone’s private equity platform. The team invests across 15+ PE strategies spanning industries, geographies and investment structures, representing the breadth of Blackstone’s equity investing capabilities.
Blackstone’s Summer Analyst Program spans 10 weeks, offering participants extensive exposure across the firm. This program provides Summer Analysts with valuable guidance through mentorship, continuous feedback, technical and soft skill training, networking opportunities with professionals across the firm, and the unique chance to fully immerse themselves in Blackstone’s culture.
Summer Analysts will work closely with the Acquisitions team on sourcing, due diligence and executing investment opportunities. The BXPE Acquisitions team is uniquely positioned to leverage the deep resources and intellectual capital across Blackstone’s entire private equity platform. This is an opportunity for a strong performer who has experience with finance, analysis and research through other experience.
- Investment research
- Financial analysis, valuation, and modeling
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Business diligence
- Conduct interviews with industry experts
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Assistance in the execution of transactions
- Build detailed operating models on prospective deals
- Perform financial analyses, including levered buyout, discounted cash flow, comparable companies and precedent transactions
- Prepare due diligence materials for the investment team, providing relevant, informative analytics and background research
- Provide overall support to the Acquisitions team and coordinate with BXPE Portfolio Management team throughout the investment process
- Collaborate on deals with investment teams across business units
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The ideal candidate should possess resourcefulness and thoroughness in conducting financial analytics, research; ability to work independently; good project management skills with the ability to multi-task; and strong written, presentation and oral communication skills.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a team environment with dynamic roles
- A basic knowledge of accounting and finance is required
- Self-motivation to find solutions independently
- Sincere commitment to personal and professional development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good judgment
To be considered for the 2025 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2025 – Spring 2026
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$110,000 - $110,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.