2025 Blackstone Real Estate Acquisition Summer Analyst, Hong Kong/ Shanghai
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has US $332 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is the largest owner of commercial real estate globally, owning, and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, residential, office, hospitality, and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ business invests in substantially stabilized real estate assets globally, through both institutional strategies and strategies tailored for income-focused individual investors including Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a U.S. non-listed REIT, and Blackstone’s European yield-oriented strategy. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Blackstone’s Real Estate Summer Analyst program is a unique experience among financial firms, enabling Summer Analysts to develop a well-rounded and fine-tuned business mind. Upon completion of training, Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on several assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the group, Summer Analysts have the opportunity to assume integral roles on a team.
Blackstone’s Real Estate Group offers Summer Analysts the experience of a professional team whose work involves the acquisition of real estate-related companies, portfolios of real estate assets and individual properties worldwide. Throughout the program, our Summer Analysts are involved with the development, structuring, and financing of transactions and regularly attend both internal and external meetings, negotiations, and due diligence sessions. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, recapitalizations, joint ventures, and leveraged buyouts.
Summer Analyst work may include: real estate and public company valuation analysis and modelling
- macro analysis / market research / expert interview
- field trip / site inspection
- competitive analysis
- development of investment committee presentations
- assistance in the diligence and execution of transactions
- drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
Prior analytical experience and a basic knowledge of accounting, finance is desirable, but not compulsory.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should (have):
- strong communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- good judgment and commercial acumen
- perseverance and stamina
- contribute to a positive team culture.
- desire to work and live in Asia.
- prior real estate knowledge is desirable but not required.
- Fluency in Asian languages is highly preferred for Hong Kong role.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is required for Shanghai role.
To be considered for the 2025 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a fulltime undergraduate or master’s degree student. If you are pursuing a master’s degree, you should have no more than 1 year of fulltime working experience·
- Anticipated graduation date: September 2025 – June 2026
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and cumulative GPA.
- Resume must be in PDF format.
- A copy of your latest transcript
Summer Internship Program Commencement
- June to August 2025 (10-week)
We review applications, interview, and offer selected candidates on rolling basis. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.