2025 Blackstone Real Estate Summer / Winter Analyst, Sydney
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $332 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single-family housing, office, hospitality, and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Summer / Winter Analyst
Blackstone’s Real Estate Summer / Winter Analyst Program is a unique experience among financial firms, enabling Summer Analysts to develop a well-rounded and fine-tuned business mind. Summer / Winter Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on several assignments at once with high-performing teammates. Due to the relatively small size of the group, Summer / Winter Analysts can assume integral roles on a team.
Blackstone’s Real Estate Group offers Analysts the experience of a professional team whose work involves the acquisition of real estate companies, portfolios of real estate assets and individual properties worldwide. Throughout the program, Analysts are involved with the development, structuring, and financing of transactions and regularly attend both internal and external meetings, negotiations, and due diligence sessions. The Analysts will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, recapitalizations, joint ventures, and leveraged buyouts.
Summer / Winter Analyst work may include:
- real estate and public company valuation analysis and modelling
- market research relating to new investment opportunities.
- evaluation of capex, leasing, and disposition proposals for Blackstone’s existing portfolio
- development of investment committee presentations
- assistance in the diligence and execution of transactions
- drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
Prior analytical experience and a basic knowledge of accounting and finance is desirable, but not compulsory.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should (have):
- strong communication skills
- excellent attention to detail
- good judgment and commercial acumen
- perseverance and stamina
- contribute to a positive team culture.
To be considered for the Summer / Winter Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a fulltime undergraduate or master’s (excluding MBA) degree student. If you are pursuing a master’s degree, you should have no more than 1 year of fulltime working experience.
- Resume must include expected graduation month, graduation year and cumulative GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
Program Date (8-10 weeks)
- Summer Analyst Program – End November 2024 – end January 2025 (Students who graduate in end of 2025)
- Winter Analyst Program – June to August 2025 (Students who graduate in end of 2026)
We review applications on a rolling basis and selected candidates will be invited to proceed to interview and offer stages prior to the deadline.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.