BAAM- Portfolio Construction, Associate
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $975 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Business Unit: Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®)
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®) manages approximately $81 billion across a diversified set of businesses, including a customized portfolio solutions business, a special situations platform, a business that purchases GP stakes in alternative asset managers, an open-ended mutual fund platform, and an emerging manager seeding business. BAAM invests across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients’ goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone’s global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles while mitigating downside risk during stressed market environments.
Job Title: BAAM- Portfolio Construction, Associate
The Associate will be involved in the portfolio construction process for BAAM’s Principal Solutions business, primarily assisting with the analysis of various commingled and customized hedge fund portfolios. The Portfolio Construction team is an integral part of BAAM’s investment team that works closely with all of BAAM’s strategy focused hedge fund research teams, the Investment Committee (IC), and Client Solutions teams. The Portfolio Construction team is an active participant in BAAM’s IC meetings and an associate on this team will have significant exposure to all types of hedge fund investment strategies as well as direct investments.
- Monitoring client portfolios against stated mandates and guidelines, and thinking critically about portfolio positioning, key risks, sources of attribution, etc.
- Interfacing with BAAM’s strategy focused hedge fund research teams to maintain and track data elements such as manager capacity, manager liquidity, and manager returns.
- Assisting in the preparation of senior management and investment committee meeting materials including pro-forma portfolio allocation and redemption plans, monthly performance, and related manager commentary.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in asset management, preferably hedge funds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to work with large amounts of performance and risk data
- A desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
- An ability to manage ad hoc projects independently and to completion
- A passion for global financial markets and hedge funds, and an understanding of different strategies that hedge funds employ
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$110,000 - $150,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered “prefer not to say”). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.