Blackstone Credit – Investment Management & Strategy, Analyst
Blackstone Credit – Investment Management & Strategy, Analyst
Business Unit: Blackstone Credit
Blackstone Credit is one of the world’s largest credit-focused asset managers. Blackstone’s Credit and Insurance segment has $319 billion in AUM. Blackstone Credit seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our clients by investing across the entire corporate credit market, from public debt to private loans. Our capital supports a wide range of companies across sectors and geographies, enabling businesses to expand, invest, and navigate changing market environments.
Job Title: Analyst
We are seeking an Analyst to join the Investment Management & Strategy Team that supports Blackstone’s Direct Lending Platform, with a specific focus on the retail and institutional direct lending funds. The Investment Management & Strategy Team centralizes and drives all aspects of day-to-day decision making and management for the Business Development Companies (“BDCs”) (BCRED & BXSL) and institutional direct lending funds. The Investment Management Team will (i) pro-actively identify areas of risk and opportunity within the portfolio, (ii) establish and influence the investment ramp including investment pace and assets/strategy/sector mix, (iii) monitor portfolio performance and assets with a top-down approach and focus on largest contributes, outperformers, and underperformers, (iv) develop and maintain corporate models, (v) monitor, manage and stress test liquidity in collaboration with BXC finance/risk/capital markets teams, (vi) evaluate and drive key corporate decision making and strategic initiatives (dividend management, new strategies/products, strategic/platform acquisitions, other special projects), and (v) lead and support content creation related to credit markets and specifically, direct lending trends.
The Investment Management & Strategy Analyst will work within the BXCI Chief Investment Office to manage all aspects of direct lending including development & execution of key strategies and day-to-day management of portfolios. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Investment management & analytics: analytics to drive investment, portfolio, and fund related decisions:
- Portfolio Construction (asset mix/details, sector concentrations, deployment, pipeline/repayments)
- Balance Sheet (leverage/capital structure, capital raising, liquidity stress testing)
- Corporate Strategy (dividend management, performance)
- Assist in the day-to-day management of US direct lending funds, including investment allocations, liquidity forecasts, dividend/distribution strategy, tracking asset performance, and related activities.
- Develop platform-wide forecasts to project dry powder and deployment needs to help drive origination and financing strategies.
- Develop and maintain certain fund/corporate models to track performance against forecasted returns, management fees and deployment ramp. Run scenario and ad-hoc analysis to predict capital needs and evaluate impact of portfolio structuring decisions.
- Support/review investor-related reporting for covered funds, including but not limited to, quarterly presentations, portfolio data files, capital call forecasts and stress testing.
- Partner with technology to design tools/dashboards and enhance automation.
- Work with cross functional teams (investment teams, capital markets, finance, risk) to support day-to-day fund/portfolio level decisions.
- Support content creation, research, and data analysis of certain private credit market trends and areas of risk/opportunities.
- Identify and evaluate strategic opportunities that arise to support growth for BXCI’s Direct Lending Platform.
- Participate in and create materials for board and investor meetings, both internal and external facing.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, have sound judgement and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or similar discipline (CFA a plus)
- 2+ years of professional experience in investment banking, credit research, advisory or related valuation or transaction services role (experience and familiarity with direct lending and/or leverage finance markets a plus)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple projects
- Strong technical, analytical, financial modeling and quantitative skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and keen attention to details
- Possesses a strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity, a positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated and intelligent with the ability to work effectively in a team environment; proactive and takes initiative
- Ability to transform raw data into insight for the business
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$110,000 - $140,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.