Blackstone Infrastructure Partners – Business Management, Associate
Blackstone Infrastructure Partners (BIP)
Blackstone Infrastructure Partners is an active investor across energy, transportation, digital infrastructure and water and waste infrastructure sectors. We seek to apply a long-term buy-and-hold strategy to large-scale infrastructure assets with a focus on delivering stable, long-term capital appreciation together with a predictable annual cash flow yield. Our approach to infrastructure investing is one that focuses on responsible stewardship and stakeholder engagement to create value for our investors and the communities we serve.
Blackstone Infrastructure Partners is seeking an effective business management Associate who will support the COO in the design and execution of strategic initiatives. Primary responsibilities include:
- Solving complex problems and executing high priority projects aligned with BIP’s strategic vision
- Leading strategic transformation efforts to enhance the operating model (e.g., process re-engineering, service provider support, automation)
- Managing budgets & analysis; leveraging data to drive decisions
- Preparing ad hoc analysis, presentations and project status reporting to senior management and stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing a wide range of internal and external business management objectives
- Designing and implementing initiatives to strengthen BIP’s culture
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. Candidate should be a team-oriented individual who thrives on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The successful candidate must have:
- 3+ years of professional experience with a preference for prior experience in a business Management, finance or management consulting role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area is preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking abilities
- Demonstrated track record of problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation capabilities (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Strong project management capabilities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and desire to continually expand their understanding and improve
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$120,000 - $150,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.