Real Estate – BREDS (BXMT), Senior Associate
Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE:BXMT) is a real estate finance company that originates senior loans collateralized by commercial real estate in North America, Europe, and Australia. Our investment objective is to preserve and protect shareholder capital while producing attractive risk-adjusted returns primarily through dividends generated from current income from our loan portfolio. Our portfolio is composed primarily of loans secured by high-quality, institutional assets in major markets, sponsored by experienced, well-capitalized real estate investment owners and operators. These senior loans are capitalized by accessing a variety of financing options, depending on our view of the most prudent strategy available for each of our investments. We are externally managed by BXMT Advisors L.L.C., a subsidiary of Blackstone. Further information is available at www.bxmt.com.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with management to analyze new strategic initiatives and business development opportunities
- Conducting research, diligence, and valuation modeling to evaluate M&A and strategic growth opportunities
- Conceptualizing and overseeing scenario analysis in a corporate model
- Executing corporate-level capital markets transaction activity, including public common stock offerings, debt issuances and hedging transactions
- Preparing presentations to analyze financial strategies and business performance
- Crafting and overseeing execution of quarterly deliverables such as board of directors presentation, company presentation, and earnings release
- Supporting investor communications, preparing for investor meetings, conferences and helping to develop and manage client and banking relationships
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Solid corporate finance, capital markets and/or business strategy knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate across teams
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a desire to work in a team environment, often under competing deadlines
- Self-starter, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills and strategic problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- 4+ years of investment banking, ECM/DCM, real estate investment and/or sales and trading experience (preferably within the real estate, FIG or private equity sectors), including demonstrated capital markets and/or financing transaction experience.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$160,000 - $175,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.