Real Estate Finance, Intern (July to December), Singapore
Blackstone Real Estate
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has US $326 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is the largest owner of commercial real estate globally, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, residential, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ business invests in substantially stabilized real estate assets globally, through both institutional strategies and strategies tailored for income-focused individual investors including Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a U.S. non-listed REIT, and Blackstone’s European yield-oriented strategy. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
The Real Estate Finance team is looking for a 6-month Finance intern to join in 2024, who can commit to full-time employment from July to December 2024.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Works closely with other offices in New York, Hong Kong, and other Asia offices
- Assisting the finance team in their day-to-day responsibilities which ranges from fund operations and reporting e.g., fund liquidity analysis
- Assisting with quarterly valuation / performance metrics reporting and benchmarking exercise
- Assisting with debt reporting and capital markets analysis
- Management and ad-hoc reporting – preparation of various internal and external reporting via Excel and Powerpoint
- Assist in technology and process improvement initiatives for finance team, e.g. input and output data reconciliation/testing
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, particularly pivot table
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills across all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under time constraints
To be considered for the 2024 Off-cycle Intern Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Undergraduate in their second or third year of study in a 4-year degree program
- Commit to working full time for the entire duration of the internship
- Degree major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close once the position is filled. Early application is recommended.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.