About Costanoa Ventures
Seed and Series A investors backing tenacious and thoughtful founders who change how business gets done. The firm’s investments include companies such as Alation, BillGo, Demandbase, Kenna Security, Roadster, and Quizlet.
The Costanoa Fellowship will provide you with an immersive experience of the VC world. The description below provides a framework for the role, but we’re eager to hear where you are most excited to learn and where you feel your abilities are the strongest. We will work with you in your initial week to calibrate the role accordingly.
Become part of the investment process.
- Meet with prospective new investments
- Participate in every aspect of due diligence, including reference calls and market analyses
- Assist in identifying and sourcing new investment opportunities
- Financial analysis of investments and company operations
- Participate in investment scrum and entrepreneur/pitch meetings
Work directly with portfolio companies.
- Help companies in various short engagements (e.g. pitch decks, market sizing, pricing analysis, operating modeling, etc.)
Special projects that may include some mix of …
- Helping roll out and/or defining operating processes and standards
- Deep dives into markets, portfolio meta-analysis, and/or technologies
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with relevant market experts and entrepreneurs
- Summarizing findings and educating our broader team.
- You will report to Investment Partner Mark Selcow and be a member of our Investment Team, participating in internal and external meetings on a day-to-day basis. Our Builder Ops team will also work directly with you on relevant projects. Key success measurements will be based on how your activities are defined.