Business Operations Manager
H.I.G. Capital is a leading global private equity investment firm with $60 billion of equity capital under management. The H.I.G. family of funds includes Private Equity, Growth Equity, Real Estate, Debt/Credit, Lending and BioHealth. We align ourselves with committed management teams and entrepreneurs and help build businesses of significant value. Our team of over 500 investment professionals has substantial operating, consulting, technology and financial management experience, enabling us to contribute meaningfully to our portfolio companies. We invest in companies throughout the U.S., Europe, and Latin America have offices in Miami, New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Stamford in the U.S., and affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan and Paris in Europe as well as Bogotá, Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro in South America. Our funds invest in many types of transactions; leveraged buy outs, distressed debt, venture capital and real estate.
H.I.G. Capital is currently seeking a Business Operations Manager to join the Business Operations & Strategy Team. As H.I.G. continues its remarkable growth we are looking to enhance our operating efficiency to optimize our cost structure, enable scale and control risk. We accomplish this through process re-engineering/automation, new system/application implementations and leveraging third parties. We are looking for an individual to join the Business Operations & Strategy Team to help lead our evolution of operational processes across front and back-office business lines. This role provides a unique opportunity to work across all departments/strategies and directly interact with senior leadership at H.I.G.
- Work with key stakeholders within the H.I.G. Operations team to design and reengineer critical workflow processes to improve efficiencies of H.I.G. teams
- Prepare documentation of process procedures and liaise between the H.I.G. business users (internal and external)
- Analyze current state issues and prepare future state recommendations
- Prepare and maintain training material for workflow processes
- Assist with change management – communication and ongoing training
- Assist with vendor selection processes including,RFI, RFP, Demo Scripts, Scoring and Final Analysis
- Assist in the implementation of new systems across internal back–office teams (e.g., Accounting, Investor Services, Tax, Treasury, Co-Invest, Realty, etc.) and front-office (Deal, Capital Raising, and Legal/Compliance teams) within the organization
- Support the development of project plans and project accountability to execute initiatives across internal and external teams
- Prepare and assist present Steering Committee status reports to stakeholders
- Identify problematic processes that are candidates for automation or redesign and collaborate with the business to agree on an ideal solution
- Ability to define detailed requirements for processes, reports, and custom solutions across a variety of technology tools
- Test team’s recommendations and configured processes to ensure they meet business requirements prior to presenting to end users
- Efficiently manage projects and timelines.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a strategic business consultant; preferred consulting experience with top tier strategic consulting firm, investment banking, fund administration, and top tier public accounting firms.
- Must have experience in private equity fund structures and operational processes.
- Demonstrate high degree of critical and strategic thinking
- Must be professional with the ability to present to senior-level management.
- Ability to work through complex issues and challenges and present business stakeholders with clear options for remediation
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative to learn independently
- Ability to work within a team as well as perform tasks independently
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage competing and multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be experienced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project, PowerPoint).