Investment Associates 2024
The Investment Associate is the interface at every point of the deal process, from generation to deal exit, with a particular emphasis on seamless, flawless and professionally delivered deal execution. Each stage requires high grade interface with intermediaries, management teams and vendors as well as with internal colleagues, which is supported by a balanced tool kit, including business assessment, people assessment, portfolio management and transaction processing and structuring.
- Extensive financial modelling and financial due diligence
- Completion of commercial due diligence using internal resources and third party consulting providers
- Structuring and project managing different work streams liaising with intermediaries, advisors, other vendors and management teams
- Understanding leveraged finance and ability to help structure and raise appropriate debt.
- Research and analysis of information by sector, by sub-sector, by industry and by geography re prospective target companies
- Contribution to origination activities through sector research, presentations, and management team meetings
- Analysis of data to support the need of the investment teams, in connection with the identification, origination and execution of transactions, including: competitive and market analysis; benchmarking; market comps and valuation; stress, covenant and sensitivities testing; analysis of target customer, sales, and census data in addition to financial analyses; review of sell-side commercial and financial due diligence.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced Excel Skills including strong financial modelling capability
- Good project management skills
- Proactive & driven with good commercial judgement
- Strong analytical skills to enable results orientated conclusions
- Systematic and flexible approach to tasks, with the ability to plan and manage multiple items and workstreams in an adaptable way
- Low ego and collaborative with various external stakeholders including management teams, lenders, and advisors
- Strong skills in influencing and persuasion to enable successful working relationships and collaboration at all levels across Hg
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable levels of integrity and trustworthiness
- Persistent and resilient when working under pressure
- Confident and able to work independently
We support the building of sector-leading enterprises that supply the business world with critical software applications or workflow services, delivering a more automated workplace for their customers.
Our support combines deep end-market knowledge with world class operational resources, together providing compelling support to entrepreneurial leaders looking to scale their business – businesses that are well invested, enduring and serve their customers well.
With a vast European network and strong presence across North America, our c.400 employees and $65bn in funds under management support a portfolio of c50 businesses, worth over $125 billion aggregate enterprise value, with over 100,000 employees, consistently growing revenues at more than 25% annually.
We have scaled to be Europe’s largest sector-specialist buyout firm, the third largest private equity firm in Europe and one of the most active software and technology investors globally. Our portfolio forms the #2 largest and fastest growing software group in Europe.
The culture at Hg is much more like a tech company than a traditional PE firm, that is what makes it so special. It enables us to attract some of the best talent, and management teams, and invest in these individuals for the long term.