Analyst, Portfolio Analytics (Growth)
About ICONIQ Capital
ICONIQ Capital is a global investment firm elevated by an extraordinary community. With over $80B assets under management, we seek to build resilient investment portfolios, partner with inspired entrepreneurs transforming industries, manage our clients’ lives and legacies, and create uncommon opportunities across sectors and society.
About ICONIQ Growth
ICONIQ Growth is ICONIQ Capital’s technology-focused growth equity platform. With over $15B in assets under management and 120+ portfolio companies, ICONIQ Growth partners with visionaries who are defining the future of their industries to transform the world. Our investment platform and unique ecosystem help founders amplify our portfolio companies’ success from early growth stage to IPO and beyond. The ICONIQ Growth portfolio includes , Adyen, AirBnB, Alibaba, Alteryx, Automattic, BambooHR, Braze, Chime, Collibra, Coupa, Datadog, DocuSign, Drata, Gitlab, Marqeta, Miro, Pinecone, Procore, Red Ventures, Relativity, ServiceTitan, Snowflake, Sprinklr, Truckstop, Uber, Wolt, and Zoom, among others. Elevated by our global community of founders, pioneers, and leaders, we are entrepreneurs backing entrepreneurs. For more information on ICONIQ Growth, please visit our website.
THE ROLE: Analyst, Portfolio Analytics – ICONIQ Growth (New York, NY)
In this role, you will be a key member of the ICONIQ Growth Team. Specifically, you will sit on our Analytics team and support our Portfolio Engagement efforts by designing, building, and supporting the underlying infrastructure that houses data used for various internal and external purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, delivering data-driven analyses and insights for current portfolio companies, constructing frameworks to optimize and scale due diligence processes, and streamlining the accuracy and visualization of fund performance metrics in partnership with various internal teams.
You will have the opportunity to analyze and synthesize a large volume of data across various topics and portfolio companies to generate critical visibility, empower and inform decision-making processes across our portfolio, the investment team, and ICONIQ Growth more broadly. This will include constant collaboration with various stakeholders, executing primary and secondary research, creatively leveraging publicly available data sources, and directly partnering with our portfolio companies.
Select examples of studies and proprietary tools published to date being driven by this underlying infrastructure are included below, with additional information available on our .
This role will require independent problem solving, action orientation, efficient execution, and a passion for delivering operational excellence in a growth setting. The ideal candidate has a passion for data analytics and foundation building with an eye towards building out infrastructure that will allow us to improve the processes through which we use this data on a regular basis. You should be a self-driven learner with an effective communication style and strong project management skills. Finally, as part of a small and quickly evolving team, this role provides a tremendous growth opportunity with room to move upwards in our organization and help define our long-term trajectory.
We believe this role is a unique opportunity, built on the foundation of a differentiated team structure and set of values:
- Small Team, Rapid Growth: The size of our organization allows our team to constantly experience new challenges and growth opportunities. As a defining member of the analytics team, you will help further augment the foundation of our data platform and shape the direction of our future efforts and will have the opportunity to make a major impact on the broader firm
- Culture of Ownership & Excellence: We are a fast-paced firm that gives our team members a great degree of ownership and accountability from day one. Our team is made up of diverse individuals and varied backgrounds and skillsets with a shared commitment to excellence. We value individuals who are eager to take initiative across our portfolio and within our internal team – stretching beyond their core responsibilities
- Trusted Partner: Having developed deep trust and true partnerships across many of our portfolio companies, we have a growing opportunity to support our portfolio through various projects and initiatives related to innovative analytics and strategic insights
- Capture and maintain qualitative and quantitative data across various primary and secondary research initiatives – including collection, validation, and analysis of quarterly portfolio company financial and operating data
- Collaborate with and support other members of the Portfolio Analytics team on various high-impact projects to support our portfolio of high performing technology companies (for example, supporting the data foundation of our annual Growth and Efficiency report)
- Optimize our historical data trail to bolster due diligence efforts, as well as external Investor Relations requests – including aggregation of various datapoints and signals that were collected at the time of each deal evaluation we have completed as a team
- Support the build of data visualization tools driven from portfolio company data to bolster internal portfolio monitoring, and ongoing benchmarking and portfolio company performance analyses
- Help identify areas for improvement and potential strategic initiatives to enhance our Portfolio Engagement efforts and investment platform
- Enhance scalability of overall portfolio monitoring infrastructure in tandem with direct Iconiq Growth Analytics team, and broader ICONIQ Technology team
- Interface with Investment Team members and senior leadership to analyze, aggregate, and enrich portfolio company data to support portfolio engagement projects and ongoing investment performance
- 1-4 years of relevant industry experience in finance, technology, consulting, or data analyses
- Proficiency in working with complex data in Excel, including data modeling and structuring best practices, and ability to transform data into key insights
- Extremely high attention to detail and strong quality control practice
- Entrepreneurial spirit with passion for building and crafting the evolving vision of this team and role
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and willingness to take on a variety of challenging projects
- Eager to learn and further develop broad set of skills and content expertise
- Desire for ownership and personal impact that can be found only within a small and growing team
- Strong project management skills – able to juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-moving environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to be comfortable interacting with individuals across the team
- Passion for and experience working either directly or indirectly in the technology sector – familiarity with key financial terms and metrics, various business models, market dynamics, and strategic priorities strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and excellent academic background
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with iLEVEL, Cobalt, Chonograph, or eFront and/or other portfolio monitoring and data collection and aggregation tools
- Experience managing third party consultants for project management and resourcing initiatives
COMPENSATION RANGE: ICONIQ is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role, together with other compensation being offered such as a discretionary bonus, health insurance, and other perks. There are several factors taken into consideration in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At ICONIQ, we apply a total reward philosophy where all aspects of compensation and benefits are taken into consideration in determining compensation terms. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $100,000 – $130,000 together with a discretionary bonus, health insurance, paid time off, 401k participation with a company matching program, wellness stipend, personal education allowance as well as a commuter benefits program.