B.Next Investment Summer Associate
The B.Next Investment Summer Associate works closely with other members of the In-Q-Tel Investment Team across various aspects of the investment process, including deal sourcing, performing diligence, and drafting deal documents. In addition, the Investment Summer Associate contributes to specific market research in targeted technology sectors (primarily biotech, life sciences, medtech, and healthcare) with an emphasis on delivering high-quality investment theses, presentations, and reports from this research. The ideal candidate brings enthusiasm for In-Q-Tel’s mission, passion for technology startups, strong analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, integrity, and a bias for action.
IQT’s B.Next practice pursues early stage (and, selectively, growth stage) investment opportunities across the entire engineering biology spectrum including platform technologies, applications of engineering biology, and companies at the intersection of engineering biology and other major industries. We engage with startup companies and venture capital partners to accelerate advances to strengthen economic and national security and promote technological solutions to address common global threats.
- Venture ecosystem outreach
- Synthesize and deliver written assessments on prospective startup investment opportunities.
- Promote the In-Q-Tel brand within the venture ecosystem through interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, academics, government employees, and other individuals.
- Deal support
- Support senior Investment team members with transaction diligence, investment memo preparation, and other investment-related activities.
- Communicate with legal, finance, technology, and administrative resources to facilitate deal execution tasks.
- Market research and thought leadership
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative market research on specific venture-backed tech sectors and related companies.
- Synthesize research and findings into high-quality investment theses, presentations, and/or reports.
- Enthusiasm for the In-Q-Tel mission
- Passion for the emerging technology and venture capital industries
- Desire to work with a wide range of people, including entrepreneurs, investors, and the government
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate (complete or active) preferred. Available for full time employment in summer 2025
- Superior critical thinking, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly research, understand, and synthesize learnings about new technology sectors and companies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In-Q-Tel (IQT) is the not-for-profit strategic venture investor that serves and powers the national security interests of the U.S. and its allies. IQT makes strategic investments, facilitates partnerships, performs cutting-edge research, and provides critical insights to generate sustained and differentiated value for its partners, portfolio companies, and other stakeholders in the national security and emerging technology ecosystems.