Leveraged Credit – Analyst/ Associate
KKR & Co. Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities. KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
KKR’s Leveraged Credit platform uses a fundamental, bottoms-up research approach to manage and invest over $45 billion of assets across a variety of asset classes and return profiles. The team is engaged in all aspects of the investment process, including but not limited to: idea generation, research and due diligence, financial modeling, and presenting recommendations to the investment committee. The Leveraged Credit team also has a focus on downside risk and creating low cost options, and seek investments in which we have a competitive advantage in sourcing, diligence or analysis.
KKR’s San Francisco-based Leveraged Credit platform is seeking talented and motivated individuals with 1-4 years of experience in asset management, investment banking, equity/credit research, or a related field. The ideal candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for investing and a strong understanding of fundamental business analysis.
Successful candidates will be engaged in a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Examining industry trends and identifying investment themes
- Contributing to key diligence work streams
- Business analysis of a broad range of companies and industries
- Financial modeling
- Assistance in development of actionable investments, including long-term fixed income return strategies, as well as identifying relative value, capital structure arbitrage, mezzanine, and distressed debt opportunities
- Analyzing deal terms and covenant structures
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Technical skills with an ability to demonstrate good investment instincts, analytical capabilities, and finance, accounting and modeling skills
- Demonstrated capabilities with financial reporting, creation of investor materials, and analyzing performance trends and KPIs
- Motivated self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple demands and projects with competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills for developing relationships with trust and integrity
- Team player that enjoys working in a collaborative and collegial environment with the desire to learn
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced and pressurized environment, preferably with a background in a financial services industry (Private Equity, Consulting, Investment Banking, etc.)
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law.