NextGen Venture Partners
NextGen Venture Partners is a network-driven venture capital firm that invests in exceptional entrepreneurs through the collective power of the nation’s top founders, executives, and industry experts—a network of over 1,500 Venture Partners. We take a responsive, service-oriented approach with our portfolio companies, leveraging a proprietary technology platform designed to systematize and scale the power of our network.
NextGen invests in early-stage founders building category-defining B2B software companies in healthcare, data infrastructure, and financial technology. We recently closed our third fund that will focus on pre-seed and seed investments in these categories. Our portfolio consists of 70 companies including Everly Health, Mercury, Maven Clinic, Syncari, Hone, Carta, TripleBlind, Pluto Health, and Dusty Robotics among others.
We are expanding our investment team and looking to bring on an Associate to support our investment process. This role will be based in San Francisco. We are looking for a team member with the right combination of high EQ and analytical rigor, who is eager to dive into the fast-paced world of investing in early-stage startups.
- Source companies and attend networking events to promote the brand, generate deal flow, and establish a network of co-investor peers
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, including market sizing and trends, competitive analysis, financial evaluation, and references
- Support the development of new investment theses and thematic research
- Collaborate with our Platform and Operations teams and other relevant stakeholders throughout the end to end deal process
- Prepare investment memos and reports for our investors, and document meeting notes and company materials in our internal systems
- Leverage our Venture Partner network to drive value for portfolio companies. Keep track of portfolio requests and support their hiring, business development, and fundraising efforts
- 3-4 years of full-time work experience in finance, consulting, startups, technology, or other relevant role
- Integrity, humility, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic
- Thrives in fast-paced and unstructured environments, with ability to independently execute on responsibilities and work with a geographically distributed team
- Strong network in tech with established relationships in the venture and startup ecosystem
- Analytical, quantitative, and detail-oriented, with prior experience conducting market and company research a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to distill large amounts of complex and incomplete information into thoughtful insights
- Technical undergraduate degree preferred
- MBA optional
What We Offer
- A collaborative and supportive culture built on trust that respects and values diverse perspectives and experiences
- Mentorship from our team and a commitment to invest in your career, to help you become a great investor
- Open door policy across the firm to give you exposure to the entire venture capital business, from participating in investment team meetings to portfolio support, fund management, operations, fundraising, and platform
- Market-competitive compensation and full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, wellness program incentives, and 401(k)