Playfair is one of Europe’s leading pre-seed VC funds. We’ve been around since 2013 and have invested in over 80 startups to-date. Our mission is to find and nurture extraordinary entrepreneurs on the cusp of building the next generation of great technology companies.
We have an intentionally high-conviction, low-volume approach to pre-seed investing. We make 6-8 investments a year and preserve capital, time and resources to be hands on post-investment.
As a small, close-knit team of tech investors with a passion for building startups, we encourage our investors to explore sectors and technologies that they’re genuinely passionate about. We work at pace and favour bold decision making, while also fostering a fun, casual work environment and encouraging appropriate work-life balance.
We’re busier than ever after the launch of our £50m Fund 3 and are looking to add an analyst to our team.
We’re looking for a new team member to join our one-year analyst programme. You’ll be on the frontline of all aspects of our investing activities, giving you significant exposure to the European startup ecosystem. This is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a small team, build your network and kickstart your career in VC.
Your main responsibility will be to assess inbound startups that apply to us for funding. As the conduit to the investment team, you’ll review pitch submissions, take first meetings with founders and bring what you view as the best companies through our investment pipeline. As companies progress, you’ll support the team on due diligence by conducting extensive research and synthesising and analysing your findings as you contribute to writing our investment memos.
We want to play to your strengths. If you’re a people person, you could be focused on:
- Outbound dealflow. This includes attending demo days, pitching competitions and other events to build relationships with founders and industry experts.
- Building our network. As the face of the fund, you could be deep within the technology ecosystem, attending panels, talking on podcasts or figuring out ways to engage our growing community.
If you love data and building technology, you could be focused on:
- Building on our existing data stack to quickly and efficiently assess companies in a systematic way.
- Expanding the product roadmap to optimise Playfair’s coverage of early stage technology companies.
The application deadline is Sunday, 25th February, at midnight. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and first round interviews will commence in early February. The start date for this role is flexible.
You can read more about the process and what we’re looking for here.
- You’re passionate about startups and eager to learn how we help founders build the future
- You thrive with high levels of ownership, autonomy and responsibility
- You’re into creative problem-solving and have strong oral and written communication skills
- You’re available for a full time 1-year programme and to work from our coworking space in Clerkenwell at least three days a week
- £50 per month wellness credits through Heka
- Monthly team socials and occasional team away trips
- Weekly socials with our community of founders
- Hybrid working with budget to set up your home office
- Private healthcare plan
- Company pension with employer contribution
- Extensive upskilling and training opportunities