Associate, GP Reporting
*While this individual may choose to work from the Boston office, PSG is open to fully remote candidates for this position.
PSG is a growth equity firm that partners with software and technology-enabled services companies to help them navigate transformational growth, capitalize on strategic opportunities, and build strong teams. Having backed more than 120 companies and facilitated over 450 add-on acquisitions, we bring extensive investment experience, deep expertise in software and technology, and a firm commitment to collaborating with management teams. Founded in 2014, PSG has since raised over $14 billion in capital and operates out of offices in Boston, Kansas City, London, Paris, Madrid, and Tel-Aviv.
Reporting to the Vice President, GP, the Associate, GP Reporting will be an integral member of the GP Reporting team. This position is exposed to multiple areas of financial reporting and accounting within a growing and dynamic private equity environment. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. The candidate should be highly adaptable to change and shifting priorities and demonstrate strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Preparation of and enhancements to various quarterly and annual financial reports
- Ownership of individually assigned funds, including:
- Capital calls and distributions
- Journal entries
- Partner inquires & ad-hoc requests
- Cash flow monitoring, tracking, reconciling, and forecasting
- Ad-hoc reporting, special projects, and miscellaneous responsibilities
- Interface with tax professionals and understand tax issues
- Interaction and coordination with the fund accounting and management company teams as needed
Ideal Experience and Competencies
The successful candidate will have an exceptional track record and reputation. Given the significant responsibilities of this position, the top candidate will be a mature, experienced individual. In addition, the successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. MSA and/or CPA a plus.
- Must have 1-3 years of related experience. Experience working within public accounting, financial services or private equity/partnership-based industries preferred.
- Experience with general ledger accounting systems preferred. Experience with Investran and Workday desirable, but not required.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and independently as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- GAAP financial reporting experience / partnership accounting experience desirable.
Benefits and Perks
At PSG, we are committed to providing excellent benefits that show our deep appreciation for the hard work of our team. Our current benefits offerings include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid for 100% by PSG
- Retirement savings plan with PSG match contribution and discretionary profit sharing
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance policies
- Flexible spending accounts for health, commuting and dependent care
- Competitive paid vacation and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance program
- Personal training sessions with our Director of Health & Fitness
- Beautiful office space in Fenway area with a state-of-the-art gym arriving Summer 2023
- Lunch 3x/week, snacks, coffee and other beverages available to all employees
PSG Equity L.L.C. (the “Firm”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practice laws. The Firm strictly prohibits and will not tolerate, condone or allow discrimination or harassment with respect to any employee or applicant for employment in matters of hiring, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, termination, compensation, fringe benefits or other terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender (including sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender dysphoria, gender expression, or transgender status), sexual orientation, disability (including physical disability or mental disability), military or veteran status, familial status, partnership status, or marital status, or any other status protected by relevant federal, state and local laws. All employees are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination.