We are seeking a full-time Associate in Austin, TX, to join our Investment Team. In this role, you will help build relationships with entrepreneurs and investors in the frontier technology community and support key Scout Ventures initiatives.
About Scout Ventures
Scout Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm headquartered in Austin, TX, investing in frontier technology built by founders from the military, Intelligence Community, and National Labs. We focus on sectors aligned to our experience serving in defense and national security: artificial intelligence, quantum computing, robotics, advanced materials science, security, space & aerospace, and advanced energy. We have co-founded multiple startups, incubated a multi-billion dollar software business, and led first-check investments in over 100 tech companies.
- Navigate the VC and startup ecosystem to identify new investment opportunities
- Provide analytical horsepower to help conduct due diligence, including business and industry analysis, competitive landscape, investment memos, and financial modeling
- Actively support pipeline management and deal execution
- Contribute to the development of new investment theses within frontier technology
- Help manage relationships with portfolio companies
- Support internal firm initiatives, back office support, content creation, and platform development as needed
- 2+ year experience in Venture Capital/Private Equity (frontier tech and/or dual-use experience preferred), Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting, or Product Management roles
- Based in Austin, TX (or willing to relocate)
- Technical degree or technical background preferred
- Military veteran or government service preferred
- Willing to lead projects and learn from the ground up
- Excitement to become a key member of the investment team. We intend for this role to be a long-term growth opportunity and are committed to investing in the development of your career.