Director/Senior Director, Pricing & Product Marketing
Position Title: Senior Director / Director
Reports To: Joe Burgess
Department: Pricing Strategy and Product Marketing
Location: Austin, San Francisco, Remote
Seniority Level: 3-6 years of substantial experience
Growth Team members work directly with company founders, CEOs, management teams and our investing teams to build and scale businesses. They participate in every aspect of identifying, selecting, assessing, and working with portfolio companies to drive value. The position offers a unique 360-degree perspective at the investor, Board, CEO and employee levels into rapidly growing successful businesses.
The Director / Senior Director will be part of the Growth Team’s Pricing Strategy and Product Marketing Center of Excellence and will partner with Senior Vice Presidents / Vice Presidents from the Growth Team to work closely with management teams at Serent portfolio companies to drive value creation and accelerate top-line growth by identifying and executing levers across product strategy and product marketing, pricing and packaging strategy, go-to-market strategy, and sales and marketing effectiveness.
Successful candidates are highly motivated self-starters, team players, and are able to partner with and influence a diverse group of stakeholders (e.g., Board Members, CEO, CXO, Partners, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with company CEOs, management teams, board members, and other Growth Team members to jointly identify opportunities, scope initiative, set strategy, and deliver impact to achieve portfolio company and investor objectives
- Exercise judgement and decision-making skills to lead and manage projects that drive measurable impact to companies’ revenue and EBITDA against set goals
- Design, conduct, and analyze market research studies and transactional and usage data analysis to develop perspectives on price models/metrics, levels, and packaging structures
- Conduct market research, data analysis, and financial modelling to validate hypotheses
- Analyze customer usage data and conduct market research to uncover new insights, trends, and monetization opportunities
- Articulate market opportunity, competitive landscape and portfolio companies’ differentiators that inform their overall go-to-market strategy and marketing plans
- Develop a perspective on customer needs and translate those insights into actions for product, marketing, and sales teams at portfolio companies
- Support in the development of enterprise messaging, use cases, personas, and marketing and sales enablement programs.
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies
- Train colleagues and company executives on pricing strategy
- Contribute to the development of Serent’s proprietary pricing strategy playbooks and frameworks
Ideal candidates will have 3-6 years of substantial experience in pricing, go-to-market, or product marketing strategy position, ideally in Professional Services industries, responsible for conducting analyses, and developing and implementing pricing and commercial strategies. The successful Senior Director / Director candidate will be an intellectually curious, open-minded, and well-rounded leader with exceptional interpersonal skills. They will have enthusiasm and strong aptitude for building community, as well as a demonstrated experience conducting analyses and market research, and developing and implementing pricing and go-to-market strategies, preferably for software and tech-enabled services companies. The successful Senior Director / Director will thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment that supports the business strategy.
Professional, 3-6 years of substantial experience.
30% or less domestic travel for internal firm meetings across the two office locations.