Consumer Investor (1 – 2 Years of Experience)
Stripes is an $8B growth equity firm that makes $10-150 million investments in software and consumer businesses. Located in downtown New York with a team comprised of experienced founders and operators, Stripes has invested in and scaled influential companies globally including A24, On Running, Califia Farms, Siete Foods, Erewhon Market, Stella & Chewy’s, Kosas Cosmetics, and Levain Bakery, among others. Our approach pushes the investment team to think and operate like entrepreneurs and work to assist in building remarkable businesses and brands. We lend active support to help build networks, accelerate go-to-market efforts, recruit talent, offer M&A and capital guidance and support other operational elements critical to market leaders in the software and consumer markets.
Our investors lead the effort to establish domain expertise in their given sectors of focus, identify attractive businesses, and build relationships with entrepreneurs. We work in lean and collaborative deal teams to conduct diligence on investment opportunities and provide operational and strategic support for our portfolio companies.
- Identify, contact, and meet with high growth consumer companies
- Conduct due diligence on deals from sourcing through close
- Work closely with portfolio companies to support business development and operational efforts
- Establish domain expertise within consumer segments such as: Food & Beverage, Beauty & Personal Care, Pet, Retail & Restaurants, Fashion & Apparel, Digital Consumer Services
- Build and manage a network of entrepreneurs, investors, and operators through research and networking events
- 1 – 2 years of working experience; buyside investing, investment banking, or management consulting experience with a focus in consumer is a plus
- Demonstrated passion for consumer businesses
- Outgoing and personable – we’re seeking confident leaders with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills – able to look at opportunities holistically and contribute valuable insights and analysis
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player – collaborates well with others for the greater good of Stripes
- A sense of humor and ability to have fun
Compensation Range: $115,000 – $145,000 annual base salary, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. In addition to annual base salary, the role includes opportunity to receive and/or earn a discretionary bonus and/or fund carry based on Company’s plans and in accordance with Company’s policies. Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Stripes’ competitive benefit programs.
Stripes is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, please visit www.stripes.co.