Sustainable Investment Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Sustainable Investment Analyst. The Sustainable Investment Analyst is responsible for conducting research and analysis on sustainability trends, best practices, and company or issuer specific research. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) serving as a core member of the team, and a member of the broader investment team. You will partner with research and trading across investment teams (Fixed Income, Equities, Private Credit, and Emerging Markets) to provide complimentary sustainable research and support. The incumbent must also independently represent various investment team’s views, discuss the firm’s approach to ESG & Sustainability across our product line-up, and effectively communicate and manage key relationships internally and externally.
Ideally, the position will work out of TCW’s Los Angeles office. Candidates with strong qualifications who prefer to work out of TCW’s New York office will also be considered.
- Perform in-depth analysis of corporate, municipal, or sovereign entities to assess financially material sustainable factors and opportunities related to sustainability.
- Evaluate industry trends, competitive positioning, and the overall business environment that could affect a company’s value as it relates to sustainable factors.
- Provide investment recommendations based on research findings to other research teams, portfolio managers, and traders.
- Develop and maintain TCW’s comprehensive risk scoring and sustainable investment framework as it relates to company, sovereign, or issuer coverage.
- Analyze data on sustainability performance metrics, such as energy consumption, carbon footprint, water usage, and supply chain practices.
- Stay abreast of global sustainability trends, emerging issues, and best practices in the industry.
- Prepare detailed sector, issuer, or topical research reports and updates for internal use and for clients.
- Work with other partners at the firm to develop high-quality product materials including commentaries, presentation books, and other communication pieces, for a diverse set of partners, clients, and prospects.
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis of sustainable investment trends, market opportunities, regulations, and competitive landscape to inform product development and investment strategies.
- Partner with research teams and others within SIG to develop engagement strategies for company coverage.
- Develop and maintain a strong collaborative working relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as externally in the industry and uses the knowledge gained from these relationships to improve research insights and the research and engagement process.
- Strong education credentials – Bachelor’s Degree with in finance, economics, business or related field
- 3+ years of experience in research and analysis, preferably in sustainability, credit analysis, financial analysis, or a related area
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting standards and frameworks
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate investment opportunities, conduct market research, and assess the impact of investments on the environment, society, and corporate governance.
- Comfort juggling multiple priorities; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Persistence, tenacity and drive for results.
- Relevant certifications such as a CFA, CAIA, CFA ESG, FSA, or SRI (Sustainable, Responsible, and Impact Investing) desired but not required.
Base Salary: For CA & NY based position, the base salary range is $150k – $175k . This is an anticipated range only.
Other Compensation: Eligible to be considered for an annual discretionary bonus
Benefits: Eligible for TCW’s comprehensive benefits package.