Associate, Special Credits Group
The Carlyle Group
The Carlyle Group’s Global Credit platform (“Carlyle”) currently has ~$91B in AUM allocated across diverse strategies including structured credit, CLOs, direct lending, credit opportunities, mezzanine and distressed investments. Within Global Credit, the Special Credits Group (SCG) serves as a resource for all Carlyle Global Credit funds as it pertains to special situations, stressed credits and work-out activities. SCG also participates in the credit team’s regular portfolio reviews and has responsibility for providing regular consolidated reporting to senior management pertaining to stressed/ distressed credits and restructuring activities
The SCG team is seeking to hire an Associate who will focus on the workout credits for the firm’s Global Credit portfolio. The professional will determine strategies/solutions for incumbent dislocated and/or distressed credit situations. The Associate will have primary responsibility for credit analysis and financial modeling in conjunction with all proposed workout transactions.
- Work with Carlyle industry analysts to understand industry dynamics, outlook and the team’s history and current view of the credit
- Perform analysis on company’s credit profile including its capital structure
- Develop independent view of a company’s business outlook and develop a detailed financial model projecting performance for a five year period
- Participate in ad hoc restructuring groups Carlyle is part of and provide support to the team with financial modeling and credit documentation reviews
- Work with different credit groups to gather, analyze and monitor data to manage credit watch lists and pipeline of names migrating to to the SCG team for workouts
- Analyze and provide relevant restructuring-related market data and analytics for internal use and/or deal benchmarking purposes
- Produce bi-weekly restructuring reports and periodic documentation of workouts
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience, ideally with prior exposure to credit
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must possess a “holistic view” of a company in creating restructuring/workout solutions.
- A team-oriented approach who can work with all areas of Carlyle as some of the credits may include the firm’s own portfolio companies
- Must be a generalist across all sectors and have a view on the broader economy and various industries as they relate to Carlyle’s own credit portfolio
- Self-motivated, possess finely tuned communication and presentation skills along with a strong academic record.
The compensation range for this role is specific to New York City and takes into account a wide range of factors including but not limited to the skill sets required/preferred; prior experience and training; licenses and/or certifications.
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $150,000.
In addition to the base salary, the hired professional will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package spanning retirement benefits, health insurance, life insurance and disability, paid time off, paid holidays, family planning benefits and various wellness programs. Additionally, the hired professional may also be eligible to participate in an annual discretionary incentive program, the award of which will be dependent on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Due to the high volume of candidates, please be advised that only candidates selected to interview will be contacted by The Carlyle Group.