Private Equity Analyst (2023 Class)
We are only accepting Spring 2023 college graduates at this time.
About the Role
We are looking for driven individuals with interest in tech and finance to join Turn/River’s growing Investment & Sourcing Team. Sourcing is an increasingly important function as we look for strategic investment opportunities. After building a strong foundation in sourcing, for exceptional individuals there’s an opportunity to grow into partner-track investing or operating roles.
As an investor, Turn/River provides strategic operational expertise and executional support to our portfolio investments. Many of our team members come from operational backgrounds and focus on various aspects of digital marketing, sales, and account management in our portfolio companies. In this role, you will be expected to exercise strategic insight to identify and qualify B2B software businesses based on their financial profiles, as well as by the potential operational improvements we can execute as a firm with our proprietary go-to-market playbooks. You’ll speak directly with CEOs of software companies and learn and share how to grow software companies with modern tactics and strategies.
Successful candidates will often have experience in finance, B2B software businesses, and/or sourcing. They will take pride in sharing the Turn/River experience with prospective companies and presenting these findings to our senior investment team. The individual will have high energy on the phone, provide thoughtful insights, excel in prioritization, and take creative approaches to finding and getting in front of top prospects.
- Identify and define market opportunities and verticals that are interesting to Turn/River
- Engage with interesting companies and their CEOs that fit our target investment profile and get them excited about the Turn/River brand
- Qualify companies through conversations and various operational and financial metrics, then present these findings to our broader investment team
- Partner with investment professionals to deploy capital and execute transactions
- Actively build and carry out sourcing processes, technologies, and positioning through the exploration of various A/B testing opportunities, and various marketing, sales, and growth best practices
- Undergraduate degree from a competitive program, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- Strong communication skills & excel in building strong relationships
- Avid self-learner
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with extreme attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Passionate about investing, data, and technology, in addition to relationship development
- Experience in B2B software, finance, and proficiency with sales tools as bonuses
- An opportunity to develop as an investor and relationship builder while making a dramatic impact across high growth software companies
- Competitive salary, equity, and health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- An energetic work environment with perks – snacks, weekly team lunches, etc
- A company that enjoys having good food and spending time with each other; holiday and summer parties, annual global company offsite (past locations in Napa, Hawaii, Newport Beach, London, New York)
- Firm-wide one month remote work-from-anywhere in the summer and hybrid 3-4 days in SF office